Sign in to follow this  
Avante

Avante's Ban Appeal

Name: Avante
Server: Discord

What was the reason for your ban?: Making a single "dumb" suggestion in the #suggestions channel in the Pantheon Discord.
How long was the duration of the ban?: Permanent
Who were you banned by?: Cas 

Why do you believe you should be unbanned?: I was banned for making a single post in the #suggestions channel in the Pantheon Discord; prior to this "offence", I have had no warnings nor other infractions of any kind on the Pantheon Discord server. The suggestion was, in my opinion, completely sensible and should not have warranted such a serious punishment; such a post in a channel with the sole purpose of providing staff and users alike of the Discord server with potential suggestions it is up to the majority of the server to decide if a post or suggestion is indeed definitively "dumb". A permanent ban for simply posting a suggestion, which may or may not have been downvoted by the community anyway. Any form of suggestion is still a suggestion as such; a positively "dumb" post would be, for example, nothing to do with a suggestion of any sort at all. However, I understand that this community does not want my input and thus I shall refrain from making such posts in the future. 

• Up Vote 3

Accepted

The suggestion was a meme through and through, if you want to post something like this in the future, do it in meme-zone.

It's clearly not something that we'd consider accepting as a genuine suggestion.

"Description: this is not China, Dots should not have been muted purely for making a sensible suggestion in a Discord thread made for this exact purpose. It is a breach of the right of freedom of expression as protected under section 14 of the New Zealand Bill of Rights Act 1990. Unfortunately there is no Australian equivalent of such a Bill of Rights Act, but as Pantheon is a OCE Discord community I would expect New Zealand laws to still hold jurisdiction.

And Roblox is bad."