I was recently verbally warned for having the name "CHIEF MASTER NEGRO" for having the word negro in it, the mod who i will not name said it was "racist" despite the word not actually being racist, not racist at all. The word in question is an abbreviation for the word "negroid" which refers to africans and some south asians exactly like how Mongoloid and Caucasoid means asian and white. In Fact and was actually considered a respectful way to address somebody's race, why this changed and how it came to be considered racist i have no idea but it probably has something to do with leftist media. I can understand if you would like people to not use the word because of the falsely perceived similarity to the "hard r" but the matter of the fact is the 2 words have nothing in common by definition, they just sound similar. e.g; Ni**er; a contemptuous term for a black or dark-skinned person. (black slave), Negro, Negroid; (noun) a member of a dark-skinned group of peoples originally native to Africa south of the Sahara. (adjective) relating to black people. Without context the first definition is derogatory towards african americans, definitely, the second one is used to address their race, do those 2 definitions look similar or the same? They're completely different words with completely different definitions and origins respectively. If i were to say 'Fuck negros' then yes i'd understand my verbal warning, but i used the word with no context whatsoever, just had it in my name, so how can it be considered racist?

King regards - Fake Master Chief.

• Funny 1
31 minutes ago, Jivyachi said:

Negro is ACTUALLY racist it has racist history behind it and racism is 0 tolerance

But the definition isn't racist, even if it has a racist history behind it, (such as slave owners using it to address their black slaves selectively) that shouldn't reflect on the word and definition itself when taken out of context or used in a different non-derogatory one. Just because racist people at the time used it in a racist and derogatory context doesn't mean the word itself reflects any sort of racism. respectively the word negro just means black man. But i can completely understand why you would want to ban a word with such a dark history (despite it not being racist by definition) but in theory most words referencing race could also be considered racist, it just matters the context you use it in; "fuck africans" "fuck mongoloids" "fuck the chinese" shit like that. Just like how people used to say "Filthy fuckin negros" back then. Political correctness has come too far and i don't think limiting somebody's vocabulary is helping combat something which runs much deeper than just the words on the surface, it's punishing the majority in an effort to combat the few. Again, i understand the reason for why you want to ban the word negro, i just think its a very shitty reason. If you have nothing further to add, then have a nice day and thank you for replying to my post.

Edited by SHOOT IT WITH FLAMES

So can you explain why you were being racist and using it in a derogatory term against other players with that same term in your name at that time?

If you’re trying to justify it, unfortunately not. As you were intentionally breaking rules and being racist and now you’re trying to hide that crucial information.

You trying to expand on this, is you trying to falsify the truth and bend it without the true context and setting.

Care to explain why you are going so in-depth to justify your means when you USED the term in a derogatory manner towards other players, with comments to demean them as well.

30 minutes ago, Pengu said:

So can you explain why you were being racist and using it in a derogatory term against other players with that same term in your name at that time?

If you’re trying to justify it, unfortunately not. As you were intentionally breaking rules and being racist and now you’re trying to hide that crucial information.

You trying to expand on this, is you trying to falsify the truth and bend it without the true context and setting.

Care to explain why you are going so in-depth to justify your means when you USED the term in a derogatory manner towards other players, with comments to demean them as well.

I wasnt using it in a derogatory term, i never did, i never gave it any context and i didnt explicitly/directly say it to anybody at the time. I was saying the word with no context whatsoever in 914 to see how you would react and you reacted exactly how i expected this can be reinforced with the fact that i greeted you before saying it over and over, it was an experiment of sorts, now i could have just asked you myself if the word was banned or not rather then say the word to see how youd react but i wasnt really thinking at the time so its my bad and im sorry. Also me saying the word negro over and over again for a few second with no context whatsoever is equal to me saying black man over and over again, its stupid but not racist the same goes for my name. At this point im confused we're talking over each others heads, you thought i was directly saying it to somebody else to be spitefully racist and derogatory but i wasn't, so is the word banned or not? If the word is banned i understand, it has a dark history, although i dont agree with banning the word just because of its history exluding all other factors such as context, intent and definition i can understand why you guys would want that off your server and i will cease to use the word if thats the case. But i do hope this can be changed in the future.

I mean, you dont go to a judge and say that " This rule/law that you all set is wrong and i want it to be change to what i think it should be. "  And if you felt that you have any issue with the warning given by a Mod, its more effective to DM a Admin+, rather than write a whole essay out in the forum to get everyone involved.  

• Up Vote 1
9 minutes ago, Jason22 said:

I mean, you dont go to a judge and say that " This rule/law that you all set is wrong and i want it to be change to what i think it should be. "  And if you felt that you have any issue with the warning given by a Mod, its more effective to DM a Admin+, rather than write a whole essay out in the forum to get everyone involved.  

So, is the word banned or not?

The term can be offensive and inoffensive just depending how you use it. I honestly don't know why anyone would have that in their name unless they were trying to get flamed or seek attention.

• Up Vote 1
1 hour ago, Lunch said:

The term can be offensive and inoffensive just depending how you use it. I honestly don't know why anyone would have that in their name unless they were trying to get flamed or seek attention.

I put the word in my name during halloween because of an inside joke and if i were to tell you what that inside joke was this forum would probably turn political. (more than it already has) but note it has nothing to do with black people (ironic right?) the name is just a scapegoat. But i'll tell you this, it has to do with political correctness vs political incorrectness, I'd like to revert back to my original name until spook month is over, then my little inside joke will become overdue and i'll return to CHIEF MASTER HALO. Also pengu if you're reading this, sorry for the miscommunication, i hope we do not talk over each others heads next time, next time if i want to clarify something, i'll ask you so it doesn't turn into this shitshow next time, sorry.

I think you've just answered your own issue.

You've suggested it being an inside joke, but who in the world would know the context or humour coming from the joke; they wouldn't even know if the joke was appropriate for the use of the term. The word is socially unacceptable in most parts of the world, especially the USA, unless you are referring to historical figures, so you could only assume people would have a problem with it on the internet.

3 hours ago, Lunch said:

I think you've just answered your own issue.

You've suggested it being an inside joke, but who in the world would know the context or humour coming from the joke; they wouldn't even know if the joke was appropriate for the use of the term. The word is socially unacceptable in most parts of the world, especially the USA, unless you are referring to historical figures, so you could only assume people would have a problem with it on the internet.

Unless the person in question has an obviously racist name or has a history of racism then thats a bit of a paranoid way to go about it, they shouldnt be so quick to jump to conclusions without *proper* evidence, if theyre concerned about my ingame gamertag and want to ask questions about what it means or represents they could just ask me, ill just explain to them how its nothing more then a joke shitpost name, but i understand why some people would be so quick to judge, i just wish they didn't and handled the situation more rationally. With that being said i think we have reached a middle ground, wouldn't you agree? I hope a major miscommunication like this never happens again. With nothing more to say or contribute to the forum which would be relevent to it feel free to archive this or some shit. Unless you have something further to add. Because i surely dont.

the situation was handled more than fairly, you were given a clear warning that such behaviour would not be tolerated yet despite this you ignored the warnings spouting non-sense of how because you use a word without any context means that it is entirely devoid of meaning, if you have an actual complaint about the actions of the staff team please bring it up with upper staff rather than make a childish attempt at provoking others through a public forum however I'd recommend against it and rather you simply wait out the period of your punishment as quite frankly your behaviour has shown a complete ignorance on what is acceptable in a public setting and i hope that you would spend your time thinking over your actions in the context of how it may affect others

• Informative 1
1 hour ago, Lizard said:

the situation was handled more than fairly, you were given a clear warning that such behaviour would not be tolerated yet despite this you ignored the warnings spouting non-sense of how because you use a word without any context means that it is entirely devoid of meaning, if you have an actual complaint about the actions of the staff team please bring it up with upper staff rather than make a childish attempt at provoking others through a public forum however I'd recommend against it and rather you simply wait out the period of your punishment as quite frankly your behaviour has shown a complete ignorance on what is acceptable in a public setting and i hope that you would spend your time thinking over your actions in the context of how it may affect others

What are you talking about? Everything you just said was a lie, can you reread the entire thread? Firstly the punishment was a verbal warning not anything appealable like a ban. Secondly, i didnt ignore the moderators request and immediatly changed my name but wanted to understand why i was warned for using the word negro so i came here to address it after all the board name is "issues and suggestions" isnt this the board where your meant to address and converse your issues and suggestions publicly? If not then sorry for incorrectly using the board and next time ill consult an admin. but as it turns out it isnt actually banned and this whole thing was some messy misunderstanding. Also the word "public setting" is subjective, not objective, esspecially in a videogame environment. Also i never said just because a word has no context it is devoid of meaning entirely, if a word has no context then it has nothing but its definition which is why i found it weird i got warned for using a word which just literally means "black man". Also this isnt a complaint or attack on pengu, i just wanted to understand the reason behind my warn. Anyways, i dont even know why we are still having this non-existant argument, pengu confirmed this was a misunderstanding when he told me something completely different and lunch confirmed the word isnt banned depending on how you use it, lizard, next time read the thread istead of skimming over it because what you said didnt make any sense, its like your talking to a completely different person. Anyways, my questions and doubts have already been answered so i think im gonna end the conversation here and fuck off back to public, have a nice day.

Your "valid argument" is because "Oh context", but you use it in the wrong context every time you use it.

You were told why you were banned and it was a fair reason. Move on, or it will be extended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 1:02 AM, Jason22 said:

actually as someone who is training to go to law school this happens A LOT