Sign in to follow this  
Pochama

Geeking out over History

I've only ever started getting interested in history, especially the European-centric sort last year. Learning of old wars and their iconic proponents is fascinating to me, and it's crazy how many brilliant strategists are still clear in the minds of many and forever immortalized in text like Napoleon. Royalty and political dynasties are also so much fun for me to learn about, particularly the Habsburgs (the interbreeding lot who sat at the throne of the Holy Roman Empire for ages) and the many wives of Henry VII.

I wonder if anyone shares interest in this particularly subject. Do feel free to bring up nuggets of trivia -- I like learning something new everyday! :)

i love history too
please educate me for i am merely a younger disciple of your vast historic intellect

I like directing neophytes toward this Youtube channel, it's quite condensed yet informative run-downs of iconic historical figures. I just watched this one on Rasputin, and my god the man is wack af. After him I might look into the Romanov family more because of his creepily tight ties to their family. 

I like most history.
its hard for me to pick a specific period I enjoy most

Same, also the extra history series(by extra credits) is so fun to watch.