Sign in to follow this  
Long Inch of Love

Need help picking a pet

Depends what size of the pet and workload you'd want from that pet that you would want

Guinea Pigs are good, just make sure to get at least 2 so they don’t get lonely. 

1 minute ago, Free Lunch said:

Depends what size of the pet and workload you'd want from that pet that you would want

I mean I'm happy to put in a bit of extra work, I already have a dog so I'm leaning more towards the pet fish as they won't be as hard to take care of as a pet bird

2 minutes ago, Flux said:

Guinea Pigs are good, just make sure to get at least 2 so they don’t get lonely. 

That's true, however every time I think of one I remember this story where my friend's younger sister put her guinea pig in the microwave to dry it after a bath and it fucking exploded so I can't really look at Guinea pigs the same anymore.

Posted (edited)

Cats- Very little maintaining besides medical bills and spending some time with them, much more calm then dogs if you like that
Dogs- Having to spend lots of time with them and medical shiz
Fish- Cleaning bowl weekly, costly for filters and stuff inside the bowl
Birds- Ask flux I really don't have much expertise for them
Rats- I had owned rats for about 4-6 months before having to return them as school and my job wasn't letting me spend enough time with them but I have to say, if you want to spend the effort and time with them they can be really cuddly and can actually be taught to do stuff. Cleaning them is only like twice a week and you'd be spending around $200 for all their essentials such as cage, dental care, bowls and their own cleaning supplies (they clean themselves if they have water available to do it). So if your not grossed out by them I would recommend doing some research about them because they can be pretty cool and be a good conversation starter.
EDIT- Rats also need a second to not get lonely like guinea pigs, and don't get opposite genders because you will end up with more than expected
2 Males is good as long as they are family 
2 Females is almost perfect as they will likely not have any issues with eachother even if they aren't related

Edited by Gaffy

JPEG_20200423_120355.jpg?width=400&heigh Lizard good. May cost a bit to get them setup; enclosure, lighting, etc, but they're great to have

• Up Vote 2

Just now, Long Inch of Love said:

give me the roach smonk

one roach

image.jpeg.98a52e79f52ed5faf516da27132c2b2d.jpeg

1 minute ago, SirSmonk said:

one roach

image.jpeg.98a52e79f52ed5faf516da27132c2b2d.jpeg

now leave and never show your face to me again, begone before i change my mind and send this rooch, you , and all of humanity straight to hell i'll do it i swear to god

Here's 2 brothers I had before I had to return them, that's after I've cleaned their cage because they definitely don't keep it that clean all the time

IMG_20190921_125750.jpg

pet rock

require very little maintenance but you might need to get another one as they get lonely.

4 minutes ago, Gaffy said:

Here's 2 brothers I had before I had to return them, that's after I've cleaned their cage because they definitely don't keep it that clean all the time

IMG_20190921_125750.jpg

they are very cute i kinda want some now

2 minutes ago, Stupid Cat said:

pet rock

require very little maintenance but you might need to get another one as they get lonely.

i would love a pet rock but i wouldn't get to spend enough time with it as i'll probably piff it at your ugly head

• Dump 1

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, DeShoitOne said:

Can I be your pet? 😘

no Deshoit bad

Edited by Jaylink

Just now, Long Inch of Love said:

depends, are you ok with being second-best to my dog?

Sounds like we have a deal, I'll ship myself in a box within the next week, please dont leave me out in the rain or I may get hypothermia. Hypothermia hurts.